Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys
Helping You Seek Compensation
When you are seriously injured in an accident, you should not have to worry about how you will pay for your medical expenses or make up for missed wages. By filing a personal injury claim, you can hold negligent parties accountable and receive compensation for your injuries, out-of-pocket costs, and suffering.
Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers at Pitaro & Fumo, Chtd. can help you seek maximum damages while you focus on recovery. When you come to our firm, we will evaluate your situation and help you understand what types of compensation you may be eligible for. Our accomplished team has many decades of combined legal experience and knows how to effectively fight insurance adjusters and those at fault.
How Personal Injury Claims Work in Nevada
When another party’s negligence results in your being injured, you have the right to pursue legal action and attempt to collect damages. A statute of limitations of 2 years is in place for many types of personal injury claims, meaning that a lawsuit must be filed within 2 years of the date of the incident.
Claims exclusively involving property damage can generally be filed within 3 years of an incident. Wrongful death claims must be filed within 2 years of the victim’s passing.
When a personal injury claim goes to trial, a judge and jury will follow Nevada’s “comparative negligence” rules and assign a percentage of blame to each of the parties involved in the case. You can still recover damages if you are found to be partially at fault for contributing to an accident. However, your total potential compensation award will be commensurately reduced.
A successful personal injury lawsuit can help you recover damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost or missed wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Continuing medical treatment for injuries
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our experienced team can assist you with numerous types of personal injury claims. We are familiar with all of the relevant state and federal laws that influence the adjudication of these cases.
Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys can assist you with claims involving:
- Automobile Accidents. Automobile accidents can cause serious injuries and property damage and are often the result of drunken or distracted driving. In these cases, an injured party can seek compensation for damage to their vehicle, medical expenses, lost income, and more.
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents. Automobile accidents that involve commercial vehicles, such as trucks or busses, involve both state and federal laws and can be especially complex. Depending on the circumstances, an injured party can potentially bring a claim against the driver, the business employing the driver, the manufacturer of the commercial vehicle, and/or the property owner where the accident took place.
- Wrongful Death. When someone’s misconduct results in death, the deceased’s immediate loved ones can file a wrongful death claim and seek compensation for funeral and burial expenses, future loss of income, and loss of companionship and affection, among other things.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. Auto accidents and slip and fall incidents can both cause traumatic brain injuries, which sometimes days, weeks, or even months to become apparent. Many head injuries confer permanent adverse effects and disabilities that can dramatically reduce a person’s quality of life. Personal injury claims involving these head injuries can allow victims to seek compensation for continuing medical expenses, reduced earning capacity, reduced quality of life, and more.
If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, contact us online or call (702) 623-5185. Our team at Pitaro & Fumo, Chtd. can assess your situation and determine whether you have a case.